Skip to main content

Revisiting Immunology....

 So,  while browsing the net, looking for some info on supplements  and  diet changes to implement  for  when we decide to TTC again,  and I found a post on a paleo site, about the diet and auto immune issues, unintentionally.... It had a few other tag posts on the side, that were similar in content, and I saw a condition that I have struggled with for years, that another person had been also dealing with, and they noticed changes when they did the paleo diet, and restricted nightshade foods. I was intrigued with this new information, because this was contrary to what I had been told before, that the condition I struggle with was due to bacteria/over active hair follicles, and I was always on antibiotics in the past, but they never worked...So I began to research this condition in relation to auto immune disorders, and it turns out it is starting to seem that is IS indeed immune related. I am not going to go into detail about said condition I was looking into- as it is pretty embarrassing and quite frankly, just not  the best of topics to write on/ read about. But I will tell you, I have noticed the immune connection myself and it all made sense...

So then I began to start looking into some options in treatment for it, and stumbled upon some info that talked about elevated TNF-a levels that tend to trigger these instances, and that there are certain meds that can help lower it, and keep it at bay. Then it listed some of the TNF inhibitors and similar meds- I also red that welbutrin is in the same kind of family as some of the TNF inhibitors... which was strange, since I had been on webutrin for all 3 of my pregnancies before conception and the first trimester...Thought that was kind of intriguing...so on I went looking and reading... I spent a good 3 hours reading various sites, and medical  studies. and then began to think about how it is probably all related to my pregnancy losses as well...

I started to put two and two together, and began to revisit the idea of seeing Dr. Braverman in NYC. I decided to log on and ask a few questions regarding TNF's on Braverman's web page, and from there, decided to give the office a call and give my insurance info over, so they could see what my out of pocket expense is going to be with going to the office for a visit, instead of phone consults, that are not covered by insurance. I have the benefit of being only 3 to 4 hours away by car to NYC, so it is feasible to drive down there and get the ball rolling and see if they can test me and DX me. I even asked my Local RE what he thought my next steps should be, and he also said Braverman was the way to go. He agreed to collaborate with Braverman after the DX and help me cycle with meds locally. so that is a HUGE plus!

I know there is a chance it could still be too much money out of pocket, and I might not be able to get it done till after taxes come back etc..But I kind of feel like there is this one last resort, and I might just have a chance, if I go and check this immune stuff out. I have had a feeling it has been immune related for a long time, but then I tried to forget, and deny it, hoping I would supernaturally just fix myself and BAM we would get a keeper, but as the months have gone on and my history has gotten drastically worse, I think it is time turn over this one last stone...If not now, def in the future...I think this will be a HUE link for me, not just in regards to pregnancy but the other conditions, and if I manage it well, perhaps prevent me from getting even worse conditions and disorders as a result of my immune system being out of whack....

Praying for some amazing news tomorrow, and that we can book a trip to NYC in mid oct!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What you should know if you are considering a tubal reversal

Its been 8 years. 8 years since we took a trip to NC to see DR. Montieth in Chapel Hill. I remember being so excited. I had this picture in my head of how it was going to go during, and after it all. For those of you who don't know, I had my tubes tied in 2009, after the birth of my 3rd, directly following a traumatic still birth. It was a decision made out of fear and trauma, not an informed decision. I ended up having adverse health issues (PTLS) after, and was desperate to find a solution. I stumbled upon a private chat room with others also struggling. Several had gone for a reversal, and seemed to feel so MUCH better after. I had already seen my doctor umpteen times, and they offered no solutions, and insinuated it was "in my head".... I saw all of these ladies posting the day OF surgery saying that they felt relief! I was like, "Yes, this is it!!"... So we saved the 6 Grand, and went and did the reversal. I was PUMPED. I started a blog, YouTube video and F

Some statistics on Miscarriage

Miscarriage Statistics Overall miscarriage risk is 17-22%; risk after gestational sac is visible is 12-15% Miscarriage is one of the most frequent problems in human pregnancy. The most widely accepted definition is that proposed by the World Health Organization in 1977. The incidence among clinical pregnancies  (a pregnancy that is confirmed by both high levels of hCG and ultrasound confirmation of a gestational sac)  is about 12-15%, but including early pregnancy losses it is 17-22%. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11950476 After heartbeat is detected, risk of miscarriage is 9.4% at 6wks; 4.2% at 7wks; 1.5% at 8wks; 0.5% at 9wks To estimate the risk of miscarriage among asymptomatic women after a prenatal visit between 6 and 11 weeks of gestation where proof of fetal viability of a singleton was obtained by office ultrasonography at the same visit. METHODS: Those recruited were 697 asymptomatic women who attended their first antenatal visit between 6 (+2 days) and 11(+

Trust & New Pajamas

So, a blog comment I got the other day from wonderful woman, and awesome supporter of mine, caused me to pause a bit, and kind of evaluate some things about my faith and relationship with God. Which I truly appreciate, because she was kind and not judgy in her words...And I felt God gently nudge my heart each time I read the comment over... I felt my face start to burn with emotion, as tears welled up in my eyes...And I finally admitted to myself... I do NOT trust God...At least not fully, like I once did... But I desperately WANT to be at that point again....Trusting fully...And filled with peace... I walked into this journey,  to try for one more, 100% SURE , God was calling us/giving us the desire  to have another baby...I/we were, 100% certain we would walk away with a baby in our arms...As a matter of fact, I would have bet my LIFE on it. Now, 3 years later, I am broken, weary, and so utterly soul shattered, that I simply cannot "look" God in the eyes...H