Skip to main content

Give up???




I go to my saline u/s appt, at the RE office and while I am waiting, I get a call from my DS's school...He has a fever, so I have to go pick him up. No biggie. But, after a 35 min drive one way to GET there to the RE, I was not turning around without getting the test done, since It had to be done today...Or I wait another month... I had them rush the appt, and they got me in and out pretty fast luckily.

However, While they had me spread eagle, on the table doing the saline u/s...She says, "It looks as normal as they come...Text book, "perfect"". No issues at all"...She said she was sorry about everything that has been happening, and said in the 22 years of practice The head RE had been there,  and in the 10 years she has been there neither of them had/ have seen a case like mine at all... She said especially because I have 3 living children, but even more so, because I am so young. She said your ovaries are so beautiful, and young...we have established just looking at your labs and u/s' that egg quality is no issue, nor lining,  there are no genetic things screaming out that there is something wrong,  or matches form you or DH we looked over those results form 2008 etc Neither of you seem to carry a gene that makes you predisposed to having babies with genetic issues, and you have tow babies already together that are perfect....It just baffles us...At some point she says "you may want to just stop and give it up...emotionally, this cannot be healthy for you"....wow...awesome...The DR who's sole JOB is to GET me and keep me pregnant, says to just give up....wow...Thats some crap right there...

Mind you This has not even fully phased me, even as of yet... because...

I quickly left, and on my way home got a disgruntled call from DH who is stressed out about everything else under the sun at work, and with schoool, which mind you, is his own fault for putting things off till last minute...anyway, I digress...
I go get DS from school, he has a fever of 104...great...I leave, get 10 mins away, to  go pick up my youngest from my friend who was watching her, while scheduling an appt for DS to get checked out this afternoon, when I get a call....DSD lindsay has a headache... Not feeling well....So, I grab youngest DD, head back to school...sign out lindsay..THEN, get stuck at a TRAIN for God sakes...

FINALLY get home...Lidsay starts throwing up....My poor babies! I hate when  they are sick! But,  now I have to cancel the urget appt I set up for DS  to get his ear ache/ fever checked, because I cant take a throwing up kid out of the house like that....

Right now they are all sleeping...Praying for some peace...and some how the ability to just be "ok"...sick kids I can deal with...But wow...Being told  to basically just give up...

This is the 3rd time in a month I have heard to just "stop trying and let go"....Once  from my dear friend  who I cherish to death...She said to "stop trying for a year and just let it all go"...,Then my primary DR said a couple weeks back ( the day I got my metformin). "Maybe this  is all you are going to have, and your body is saying stop" Then this...But yet, I feel God tugging on my heart to keep going and be stead fast in the things he has spoken and confirmed to me....I cannot walk away yet...I cannot give up....
I hate feeling so torn some days...

Comments

  1. Oh, I understand the feeling of being torn! I think dr's feel that if you already have kids it is so easy for them to say..."Maybe you should stop" Only YOU can answer that question. I, too, feel that there is one more out there for me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for any and all comments,

Popular posts from this blog

What you should know if you are considering a tubal reversal

Its been 8 years. 8 years since we took a trip to NC to see DR. Montieth in Chapel Hill. I remember being so excited. I had this picture in my head of how it was going to go during, and after it all. For those of you who don't know, I had my tubes tied in 2009, after the birth of my 3rd, directly following a traumatic still birth. It was a decision made out of fear and trauma, not an informed decision. I ended up having adverse health issues (PTLS) after, and was desperate to find a solution. I stumbled upon a private chat room with others also struggling. Several had gone for a reversal, and seemed to feel so MUCH better after. I had already seen my doctor umpteen times, and they offered no solutions, and insinuated it was "in my head".... I saw all of these ladies posting the day OF surgery saying that they felt relief! I was like, "Yes, this is it!!"... So we saved the 6 Grand, and went and did the reversal. I was PUMPED. I started a blog, YouTube video and F

Some statistics on Miscarriage

Miscarriage Statistics Overall miscarriage risk is 17-22%; risk after gestational sac is visible is 12-15% Miscarriage is one of the most frequent problems in human pregnancy. The most widely accepted definition is that proposed by the World Health Organization in 1977. The incidence among clinical pregnancies  (a pregnancy that is confirmed by both high levels of hCG and ultrasound confirmation of a gestational sac)  is about 12-15%, but including early pregnancy losses it is 17-22%. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11950476 After heartbeat is detected, risk of miscarriage is 9.4% at 6wks; 4.2% at 7wks; 1.5% at 8wks; 0.5% at 9wks To estimate the risk of miscarriage among asymptomatic women after a prenatal visit between 6 and 11 weeks of gestation where proof of fetal viability of a singleton was obtained by office ultrasonography at the same visit. METHODS: Those recruited were 697 asymptomatic women who attended their first antenatal visit between 6 (+2 days) and 11(+

Trust & New Pajamas

So, a blog comment I got the other day from wonderful woman, and awesome supporter of mine, caused me to pause a bit, and kind of evaluate some things about my faith and relationship with God. Which I truly appreciate, because she was kind and not judgy in her words...And I felt God gently nudge my heart each time I read the comment over... I felt my face start to burn with emotion, as tears welled up in my eyes...And I finally admitted to myself... I do NOT trust God...At least not fully, like I once did... But I desperately WANT to be at that point again....Trusting fully...And filled with peace... I walked into this journey,  to try for one more, 100% SURE , God was calling us/giving us the desire  to have another baby...I/we were, 100% certain we would walk away with a baby in our arms...As a matter of fact, I would have bet my LIFE on it. Now, 3 years later, I am broken, weary, and so utterly soul shattered, that I simply cannot "look" God in the eyes...H