Skip to main content

Making it through....

This last weekend had to be the worst set of episodes I have had to date. I don't know if it is just psychological because I finally told some family and friends, and the DR what I have been experiencing for up close to a year now, or if it is just because, instead of brushing it off as something else,( like side effects from fertility meds etc)  I am paying closer attention to track symptoms...

I spent the better part of the weekend, wrapped in my hubby's arms, with my left side numb/pins and needles and my vision going in and out...The numbness is like, when your foot falls asleep, and when you go to get up and walk on it, it hurts so bad...But instead of happening when there is no circulation, it feels like that for days on end, with NO relief.  My whole left side...The worst would happen in my left arm and hand and it would cause me to cry even just touching my husband and children...I find the episodes to get worse after I have been physical, or have gotten myself heated from doing something, be it exercise or whatever...In the case of this weekend, I went out to shovel the drive way, felt great while doing it...but as soon as my body temp went up, the symptoms came like a freight train...I have noticed this in the past, but just thought I was so terribly out of shape...Turns out, it is not normal...lol...

Then my vision was blurry for a few hours as well, and while I can manage it most of the time, I was really more jolted by the fear than anything....It is starting to all come together...All of the things I experienced for the last year or so....All of the immune symptoms...The losses...It all makes sense now...And yet, there is little comfort in that...Having answers sometimes makes things a bit harder to bare, and harder to wait through...

I am on day 10 of Birth control. RE prescribed me the Loestrin24FE. I don't seem to be having many side effects...But then again, I have felt so crappy, I am not sure I would have been able to decipher what was related to what...I could be thyroid related too a bit (the exhaustion)  I am pretty sure my TSH is swinging again, because I went from feeling semi hyper, full of energy, etc last week to being stuck on the couch with such major exhaustion this last weekend/this week.  I have not done a thing in the house in 5 days...My laundry is piled up, and the rooms need cleaning...Hubby has been nice enough to keep the living spaces tidy and the dishes done, but even he cant do it all and work full time.

I have a ton to do before my Mom flies out form CA for her visit...But it will have to wait another few days...I just cannot muster the strength to do it, at least not today...

Today, I am going to work on, at the very least, boosting myself, spiritually and emotionally...I am going to listen to my fave songs, and write some...I am going to take time to enjoy the little things...I am going to learn something NEW today, and hopefully everyday...I am going to be thankful for the things and people I have in my life...I am not going to take for granted the past, that has taught me so much...I am going to be more open to love and hope and faith, and refuse to let the circumstances of the last 2 years or even the last 2 weeks, make me bitter...I will rise above, and come out on the other side victorious...I am not sure what that will look like exactly, but I know, if I keep my focus, I will learn something invaluable  form all of this...Maybe, just maybe it will help someone else too....


Comments

  1. I love your resolve to pick yourself up and dust yourself off. I hope you get back into the swing of things soon and that the visit from your mom is just what the doctor ordered. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for any and all comments,

Popular posts from this blog

What you should know if you are considering a tubal reversal

Its been 8 years. 8 years since we took a trip to NC to see DR. Montieth in Chapel Hill. I remember being so excited. I had this picture in my head of how it was going to go during, and after it all. For those of you who don't know, I had my tubes tied in 2009, after the birth of my 3rd, directly following a traumatic still birth. It was a decision made out of fear and trauma, not an informed decision. I ended up having adverse health issues (PTLS) after, and was desperate to find a solution. I stumbled upon a private chat room with others also struggling. Several had gone for a reversal, and seemed to feel so MUCH better after. I had already seen my doctor umpteen times, and they offered no solutions, and insinuated it was "in my head".... I saw all of these ladies posting the day OF surgery saying that they felt relief! I was like, "Yes, this is it!!"... So we saved the 6 Grand, and went and did the reversal. I was PUMPED. I started a blog, YouTube video and F

Some statistics on Miscarriage

Miscarriage Statistics Overall miscarriage risk is 17-22%; risk after gestational sac is visible is 12-15% Miscarriage is one of the most frequent problems in human pregnancy. The most widely accepted definition is that proposed by the World Health Organization in 1977. The incidence among clinical pregnancies  (a pregnancy that is confirmed by both high levels of hCG and ultrasound confirmation of a gestational sac)  is about 12-15%, but including early pregnancy losses it is 17-22%. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11950476 After heartbeat is detected, risk of miscarriage is 9.4% at 6wks; 4.2% at 7wks; 1.5% at 8wks; 0.5% at 9wks To estimate the risk of miscarriage among asymptomatic women after a prenatal visit between 6 and 11 weeks of gestation where proof of fetal viability of a singleton was obtained by office ultrasonography at the same visit. METHODS: Those recruited were 697 asymptomatic women who attended their first antenatal visit between 6 (+2 days) and 11(+

Trust & New Pajamas

So, a blog comment I got the other day from wonderful woman, and awesome supporter of mine, caused me to pause a bit, and kind of evaluate some things about my faith and relationship with God. Which I truly appreciate, because she was kind and not judgy in her words...And I felt God gently nudge my heart each time I read the comment over... I felt my face start to burn with emotion, as tears welled up in my eyes...And I finally admitted to myself... I do NOT trust God...At least not fully, like I once did... But I desperately WANT to be at that point again....Trusting fully...And filled with peace... I walked into this journey,  to try for one more, 100% SURE , God was calling us/giving us the desire  to have another baby...I/we were, 100% certain we would walk away with a baby in our arms...As a matter of fact, I would have bet my LIFE on it. Now, 3 years later, I am broken, weary, and so utterly soul shattered, that I simply cannot "look" God in the eyes...H