Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Giving the Antihistamine Protocol another try

I decided to give the Antihistamine Protocol another try this cycle. I modified it a bit- I have done it in the past, and both times I was pregnant, but lost them. One was a chemical, and one was a ectopic. So because I kind of pulled all the stops out on this cycle with Femara (CD 2-6- 7.5 mgs) and Lovenox ( started 40 mgs a day on CD 2- end of cycle or till 36 weeks in pregnancy), I decided to incorporate the other stuff too. So as of 1 DPO, I started my prednisone- 20 mgs a day (taken in the morning). Then, today, 2 DPO, I started the  pepcid (twice a day, once in the morning, once in the evening), and also added a bennadryl in the evening, right before bed. I Hope this combo will help us snag and keep a take home baby!!
=)

I am Pretty sure I ovulated out of both ovaries this cycle...The O pain were incredible, and even today, still, I am aching. I hope that means at least one of them are GOOD. I really want a May baby!! According to my ovulation date, my EDD is 5-12-12 . I know I should not even get ahead of myself...BUT, I just want this so stinking bad, I am trying to stay as positive as possible. I have spent many cycles pessimistic and bitter...And while I know I will never have that innocent excitement back, I can choose to stay in a good state of mind, and hopeful for every chance we get.


2 comments:

  1. Hey, I don't know much about this stuff, but my friend had TRIPLETS thru IUI..She took Mucinex. Something about thinning of the membranes in the cervix or uterus or some other woman part down there. Maybe somebody else will read this comment and be able to elaborate. We all want you to have the best chance possible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed this is it! My EDD for this cycle is 5/9/12!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any and all comments, I don't always have time to respond, but I appreciate each and every one of them....I also thank you for being respectful while commenting on my blog-