Thursday, January 26, 2012

Antihistamine protocol.

I stumbled across some info the other day on a few different sites and forums, that talked about some reproductive immunologists giving some ladies with repeat un explained losses this cocktail of meds to help dampen down the immune system a bit around implantation. I read a couple personal accounts of ladies who took it with success and a few ramblings from the DR's who were discussing the theory behind it a bit...
 Basically, you take a claritin pill in the morning, a pepcid at noon and a bennadryl or prednisone in the evening. ( I will take the bennadryl instead of prednisone, as I don't tolerate it well, and bennadryl is OTC) and You start taking this cocktail around 3to4 days past ovulation (or in the case of the IVF ladies, 2 days before transfer) and it is supposed to possibly help those with underlying immune issues and recurrent unexplained losses. Then I started thinking about it, and in each of my full term pregnancies, I had been taking allergy pills of some kind preconception and in first trimester and it made me think, maybe there is something to this...

I decided to give it a try this cycle. I got my meds, and have it all ready to go. I will also combine this cocktail with 120 mgs of bromelain a day and my progesterone and estrogen supps as well. I figure it is worth a shot! Now, not many women will need to go to such lengths to keep a pregnancy, getting pregnant seems to be the more prevalent issue, but mine has been keeping them, and I will try just about anything! Let's hope this does the trick
=)
=)

4 comments:

  1. I started mine today too! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cool! Someone else to try it with! I am a few days behind you, but will be starting mine soon!! I sure hope it is the golden ticket, good luck to you too and tons of baby dust!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm starting mine in a couple days I find this supper interesting theroy so it with be interesting what we all find out w/ it....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool there is a few of us trying this!! I hope and pray we all get that sticky baby!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any and all comments, I don't always have time to respond, but I appreciate each and every one of them....I also thank you for being respectful while commenting on my blog-