Skip to main content

Hello 2014!

Well, well....Here we are...

A new year, new opportunities, A chance to start over...


I am excited for what is on the horizon for us!! It has NOTHING to do with TTC/IVF/adoption, babies etc..We have realized it is time to set aside those dreams and desires, and focus on something else for right now, not because we WANTED to, but because we HAD to...Maybe one day, things will be different for us financially, and we can look into those things again one day, but for now, we cant even entertain the thought...Anyway, I digress...

So, this year, we have quite a bit going on!! Here are 4 things that will be happening  in 2014~!

1. We are MOVING, from upstate NY(20 mins north of albany), to Southern Cali (near Big Bear- 60 miles east of LA)! It is actually my old hometown we are moving back to, it is is kind of exciting, adventurous and nostalgic all at the same time!

After more than 80 hours of work in the last 2 weeks, the repairs, painting, packing and staging is DONE! Picture appt was yesterday (for the agent/listing) and the house will be officially on the market later this afternoon!
ahhhh!!!!








We are waiting to hear back from DH's company, from the district in CA, to see what the relocation benefits are going to be for the available positions in the 3 locations he chose....We should get that info by the 24th...Its looking like end of Feb/early March will be our ETA for CA!! It is going to come sooooo fast! I am thankful we are 85% packed...NOW to start making calls for switching schools, getting homeschooling info, getting info on DR's and new Vet's etc...

An other HUGE thing I am thankful for, is my parents are letting us crash there for a couple months till be buy out there...Hoping everything is seamless with the selling of this house and buying/closing of our new home, so it wont be toooooo LONG...I love, love, love my mom, but after 2 months living there, I will be ready to set up our own place! LOL!

2. I have signed up to do the required classed to be a StillBirthday.com's certified bereavement doula! I am excited to start using the immense grief/pain/heartache we have had to endure, to help other people! I WISH I had someone experienced and trained like that when  we have been faced with losses in the past, especially the later losses, and the ones requiring surgical intervention etc. I think this will be a good step in the right direction for me...I aso think the training will bring about healing for me, that is much needed, as will being there for another  woman in a time of heartache...Not that I don't get a HUGE blessing out of "being there" for my online ladies and blogger friends etc, but I know, that one on one, in person interaction with another who has walked in similar shoes can be a huge help, when you feel SO alone...I should start classed and training this summer, once we get settled out in CA!

3. I am writing music again! I am singing again! AND my mom (who is a musician/performer, in the resort area of so. cali) and I are collaborating, and will be gigging together at least once a month! I am soooo excited to really get back into doing something I love...For so long, music has been a trigger for me...hearing certain songs that were popular during certain time frames after a loss etc...Sometimes the words, they just cut  like a knife, and  slice open the gaping wound in my heart...I have kept my music and writing and such at arms length, long enough. I am ready to pick back up, where I left off, and let the music heal! And, the icing on the cake, my kids are getting into music and dance as well- (the girls will do ballet at my old dance studio)

4. I have lost 40 lbs since this time last year! I have to say, I am pretty stoked! I dont even have any before and after pics that would show the weight difference, as I always hid from the lense especially if someone else had control on the camera...Anyway, it feels good to retired the size 16/18's...:) I still have 30 more lbs to go, but I have a feeling it will happen in time, after we get settled into a routine again...For now, things are just chaos...LOL...Living moment to moment! Trying to enjoy the ride!!

So that is what is going on for right now...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What you should know if you are considering a tubal reversal

Its been 8 years. 8 years since we took a trip to NC to see DR. Montieth in Chapel Hill. I remember being so excited. I had this picture in my head of how it was going to go during, and after it all. For those of you who don't know, I had my tubes tied in 2009, after the birth of my 3rd, directly following a traumatic still birth. It was a decision made out of fear and trauma, not an informed decision. I ended up having adverse health issues (PTLS) after, and was desperate to find a solution. I stumbled upon a private chat room with others also struggling. Several had gone for a reversal, and seemed to feel so MUCH better after. I had already seen my doctor umpteen times, and they offered no solutions, and insinuated it was "in my head".... I saw all of these ladies posting the day OF surgery saying that they felt relief! I was like, "Yes, this is it!!"... So we saved the 6 Grand, and went and did the reversal. I was PUMPED. I started a blog, YouTube video and F

Some statistics on Miscarriage

Miscarriage Statistics Overall miscarriage risk is 17-22%; risk after gestational sac is visible is 12-15% Miscarriage is one of the most frequent problems in human pregnancy. The most widely accepted definition is that proposed by the World Health Organization in 1977. The incidence among clinical pregnancies  (a pregnancy that is confirmed by both high levels of hCG and ultrasound confirmation of a gestational sac)  is about 12-15%, but including early pregnancy losses it is 17-22%. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11950476 After heartbeat is detected, risk of miscarriage is 9.4% at 6wks; 4.2% at 7wks; 1.5% at 8wks; 0.5% at 9wks To estimate the risk of miscarriage among asymptomatic women after a prenatal visit between 6 and 11 weeks of gestation where proof of fetal viability of a singleton was obtained by office ultrasonography at the same visit. METHODS: Those recruited were 697 asymptomatic women who attended their first antenatal visit between 6 (+2 days) and 11(+

Trust & New Pajamas

So, a blog comment I got the other day from wonderful woman, and awesome supporter of mine, caused me to pause a bit, and kind of evaluate some things about my faith and relationship with God. Which I truly appreciate, because she was kind and not judgy in her words...And I felt God gently nudge my heart each time I read the comment over... I felt my face start to burn with emotion, as tears welled up in my eyes...And I finally admitted to myself... I do NOT trust God...At least not fully, like I once did... But I desperately WANT to be at that point again....Trusting fully...And filled with peace... I walked into this journey,  to try for one more, 100% SURE , God was calling us/giving us the desire  to have another baby...I/we were, 100% certain we would walk away with a baby in our arms...As a matter of fact, I would have bet my LIFE on it. Now, 3 years later, I am broken, weary, and so utterly soul shattered, that I simply cannot "look" God in the eyes...H