Skip to main content

Slowly...

It seems I am coming out of the funk I have been in for the last couple weeks...I wont even try and pretend that I am "all better" and things are rainbows and butterflies....Cause, we all know that would be a bunch of BS!

BUT, I do not feel as isolated, alone, depressed , hurt, angry or as sad as I was feeling a few days back when I posted "drifting"...And I thank all of you, who reached out to me, and were REALLY there...The ones who didn't just spit out cliche's like " be thankful you don't have cancer etc, or like "It could be worse"......Thank you again for just being there, not having the answers, not pretending to have them, and just letting me vent, and cry...

Now let me be clear...Those feelings I posted about a couple days ago are still there under the surface...They don't just magically go away because I made a post, and vented, and cried and got "real"...Those feelings are apart of the journey I am going to have to face as we walk through healing....It wont be easy, this much I know....And I will have "bad" days again...despite my BEST efforts, because grief is not linear, and does not have a specific time line...Some days (most) are good...Some are REALLY bad...

But today, it is ( our journey, grief, healing etc) NOT overtaking.....Today, I can see the silver lining, and see the JOY and HOPE in my life that was once overshadowed by the deepest hurt and grief just a few days prior...

Today, I have control over my emotions, and it is not like being hit by a tsunami....Today, I can breathe in, fully, without feeling like my chest might explode  from anxiety and feeling so "out of control", and I can exhale without  burning tears that feel like acid as they trickle out of my eyes and down my cheeks...Today is a new day....

I do believe that some of the craziness I was dealing with in the last week was brought on by hormonal junk...I *think* whatever it was we had last cycle, be it a chemical or whatever, messed with me physically. I bled for almost 9 days after, and have had some pretty nasty pain (close to ovulation pain, but no where near O time, so not sure what thats about)...AND my thyroid feels a bit swollen (gets hard to swallow, feels like a lump) which happens just before/during a Hashi's swing, (when my TSH fluctuates) which also plays a HUGE role in being able to control emotions etc....

So not only am I fighting a battle in myself emotionally (from grief, PTSD etc)  but I am also contending with factors (physically) that I cannot control, like PCOS issues, thyroid etc...Those all factor in to how your day can go and how you respond and react to situations placed in front of you...

Then add in some well meaning comments that only, in the end, did more hurting than healing... and on top of THAT I had to endure even more comments that were 100% malicious in nature, and were only meant to attack and HURT (targeted at me, specifically when I was at my lowest, (probably to make them selves feel better because they are insecure with their own grief and feelings)....It was like the ingredients for a "perfect storm"...And that is exactly what happened...

The "storm" raged on inside of me for a couple days, as I cried and cried and screamed and cried...At God, at myself, at my husband (non deserving) and then again at myself and God...I just basically let it all out....

Then, after I was done screaming and being mad, I grabbed a paint brush and painted about 4 rooms in my house over a 8 hour period. I didn't eat...I didn't drink.... I hardly stopped to pee...I just kept going...Painting...Covering over the old, drab, scuffed up colors, and slathering on the new, crisp and clean colors, that seems to brighten up everything around me and illuminate the rooms with a new glow.......

All the while, I was crying, while stroking the paint filled brush...Tears streaming down my face, landing on my shirt, and mixing with paint splatters as they gently hit the floor....Not a sound in the house, except for my sobs, and strokes of a brush....(an occasional "oh shit!" as I messed up edging  now and again! LOL)......I was a MESS....My house was a mess...Remnants of paint, spackling, painters tape etc....Everything was a MESS!

But, after all was said and done, when the paint had dried and I cleaned up the mess I had made, both in the house and on me (paint remnants) ... I was showered, clean, and tired as heck, and I realized....I had no more tears to cry...which was strange, and new for me....

I looked at what I had accomplished and for the first time in a couple days....I smiled....A real, genuine, non forced smile...I did something of value, even in the midst of tremendous grief, hurt, anger and sadness...I found a way to take those immense emotions I was dealing with, (compiled with the crap other has heaped on me in my time of grief)  that were threatening to overtake me, and redirected it....I (yes ME... Not my husband, not God not a comforting word from a friend...I did it) was able to pull myself out of the pit...And in the end, did something productive on top of it...

As much as I love THIS outlet to vent my words and feeling...Sometimes, I think it is best to leave certain things unsaid, and just work off the emotions with a project, and if, at the end of that project, you still feel the same way, then perhaps it is worth writing down and getting out...

Trying to find words to articulate how you feel can be soooo very hard...Hard for anyone, but harder when you are really emotional, and really grieving....Occasionally, when you do finally, find some kind of "words" that closely can convey whats swirling in your head,  it ends up being misunderstood, and a detriment to you and those around you, who cannot comprehend, (by no fault of yours or theirs) so taking a while to pause, and not just go into "auto pilot" blog mode, where everything falls on to a page with no filter, can be good.  Something I need to learn to do better...

For so long, I just used this as a personal journal to kind of talk and vent through all we were dealing with....At the start, I never imagined anyone would really even pay attention to my words, or care much about my blog, since there are what, 500,000 some odd blogs out there with some of the same topical issues I talk about on here...Certainly no one wants to read my crap! But I have realized slowly, that, what I say does matter....people DO care, and when I am flippant with my words, be it from my mouth or via a keyboard, I have the potential to hurt others and in turn, hurt myself, causing more pain, isolation and eventually depression.....For anyone I have offended or hurt with my words, (intentionally, or not) I am truly sorry....Really, really sorry...

So, while Blogging can be VERY therapeutic, I guess I would caution anyone who starts to get more followers and views, to be on the lookout and be ready for anything....At anytime, the words you share on this kind of place/forum/site can be taken out of context, twisted and even used against you if you are not careful...I have seen it happen to others and have experienced it now, first hand myself...But slowly, I am learning my lessons in blogging world...I am learning how to "pause' and reflect before hitting "publish" button, and really be sure I  know what I am saying before all my feelings, thoughts and depths of my grief and soul are bared for all to see on a page, and left open for anyone to use or misuse them....Its a eye opening lesson for sure....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What you should know if you are considering a tubal reversal

Its been 8 years. 8 years since we took a trip to NC to see DR. Montieth in Chapel Hill. I remember being so excited. I had this picture in my head of how it was going to go during, and after it all. For those of you who don't know, I had my tubes tied in 2009, after the birth of my 3rd, directly following a traumatic still birth. It was a decision made out of fear and trauma, not an informed decision. I ended up having adverse health issues (PTLS) after, and was desperate to find a solution. I stumbled upon a private chat room with others also struggling. Several had gone for a reversal, and seemed to feel so MUCH better after. I had already seen my doctor umpteen times, and they offered no solutions, and insinuated it was "in my head".... I saw all of these ladies posting the day OF surgery saying that they felt relief! I was like, "Yes, this is it!!"... So we saved the 6 Grand, and went and did the reversal. I was PUMPED. I started a blog, YouTube video and F

Some statistics on Miscarriage

Miscarriage Statistics Overall miscarriage risk is 17-22%; risk after gestational sac is visible is 12-15% Miscarriage is one of the most frequent problems in human pregnancy. The most widely accepted definition is that proposed by the World Health Organization in 1977. The incidence among clinical pregnancies  (a pregnancy that is confirmed by both high levels of hCG and ultrasound confirmation of a gestational sac)  is about 12-15%, but including early pregnancy losses it is 17-22%. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11950476 After heartbeat is detected, risk of miscarriage is 9.4% at 6wks; 4.2% at 7wks; 1.5% at 8wks; 0.5% at 9wks To estimate the risk of miscarriage among asymptomatic women after a prenatal visit between 6 and 11 weeks of gestation where proof of fetal viability of a singleton was obtained by office ultrasonography at the same visit. METHODS: Those recruited were 697 asymptomatic women who attended their first antenatal visit between 6 (+2 days) and 11(+

Trust & New Pajamas

So, a blog comment I got the other day from wonderful woman, and awesome supporter of mine, caused me to pause a bit, and kind of evaluate some things about my faith and relationship with God. Which I truly appreciate, because she was kind and not judgy in her words...And I felt God gently nudge my heart each time I read the comment over... I felt my face start to burn with emotion, as tears welled up in my eyes...And I finally admitted to myself... I do NOT trust God...At least not fully, like I once did... But I desperately WANT to be at that point again....Trusting fully...And filled with peace... I walked into this journey,  to try for one more, 100% SURE , God was calling us/giving us the desire  to have another baby...I/we were, 100% certain we would walk away with a baby in our arms...As a matter of fact, I would have bet my LIFE on it. Now, 3 years later, I am broken, weary, and so utterly soul shattered, that I simply cannot "look" God in the eyes...H