Monday, June 2, 2014

Adventures in urgent care land...

So, a lot has happened in the last week or so...I wish It was good things, but instead, just more junk heaped on to our already full plate...

So 2 week ago I was in urgent care for side/abdominal pain...Turned out to be inflamed lymph in my intestine etc...Cause: remains unknown still...Still dealing with pain and major gastrointestinal issues, but i'm alive at least....Been trying to tough it out till we get to CA and get into a new practice ...

Fast forward to this last friday, and after mowing the lawn the day before, (First day I felt like getting out of bed in weeks) I find a tick, in my scalp..my first one ever...Ick! Here in upstate NY, lyme disease is HUGE ( 1 in 20 ticks carry lyme), and because my Son was diagnosed in the very late stage of Lyme in 2012, ( we never knew he was  bit) I wanted to be sure I went in and got the preventative meds anyway, especially since the tick wa a nymph, which 90% of the time are the lyme carriers....So, off I go...

I get settled and in walks the DR I saw a week before for the side/abdominal pain...He wags his finger upon walking in the room, saying "I have been trying like HECK to get a hold of you!"...I was a bit baffled, and curious a to why...?...He went on to say he had been trying to get a hold of my primary (the useless doc who told me that if holocaust survivor can get over what happened to them, I need to get over our miscarriages....I could go on and on about the assine stuff he has done and said...) Then he tried to call my cell, but didn't leave a message, because I go by my middle name (Surprise, Megan is NOT my legal first name, my parents decided to torture me and call me by my middle name constantly confusing DR's) and my voice mail said "you have reached megan" and HIPPA makes it so that he cant take chance in case it wasn't my number...OK....

ALL that to say...The ultrasound upon further review showed some growths. Apparently my uterus is distorted in shape and size, and there is a myomatous infiltration of the uterine wall, and possible adenomyosis...Apparently it looked bad enough that the Urgent care DR's suggested I go in for a biopsy before we leave NY....I asked if there was anyway I could wait till we got sorted in CA, and he advised I do not wait...The big reason he wants to push for biopsy is that I am symptomatic, having pain with intercourse, and general pelvic fullness and increase urgency to urinate etc...I went to my OBGYN about thi in Feb and was given a RX for hydrocodone and offered NO testing...So the Urgent care DR set me up with a NEW primary that i going to advocate for my testing for the biopsy, and also, get me a referral to see a rheumy DR for the other issues (Bone pain, extreme fatigue, vision issues) which my current primary was not willing to do, he just wanted to give me MORE zoloft and xanax, and offer NO testing...

I am really hopeful this new DR can get a few thing rolling before we move to Cali, and cut off as much wait time as we can...If I can get in for the testing before we leave it will ensure I get into a practice out there sooner than if I was new patient  VS transferring records and having a head start on it all....

As far a the uterus thing goes, that scares me because the typical treatment for symptomatic people is a complete hysterectomy...That makes my heart jump in my throat...Take away my uterus?? I mean, yea, I hate the damn thing, it is a serial killer to my babies with the help of my immune system, but what if, just what IF, one day, we got the money, or a new med breakthrough in reproductive immunology happen and we can try again....But if I have no uterus, there is no more chances... As much as we have like NO hope of a take home baby due to the many faucets of our reproductive issues, to have literally NO womb inside of me just makes me feel sick inside...The grief I felt when one of my tubes was taken was terrible...I cant imagine having to take it all out and never , ever, ever be able to carry a baby again, not even for a couple weeks?...NEVER...? I just can't even articulate how much that would devastate me....

However, if it will save my life ( god forbid it (the growth) was not benign ) I would do it...I just hate the thought of this having to even be a POSSIBILITY...

::sigh:: I wanted to be having a baby right about now, not a biopsy....


In other news- we leave for Cali in 19 day!!!!!

Also, my mom is waiting to hear back on some of the other testing they have done...no news yet though.....Thank you for the prayers!

1 comment:

  1. I am really sorry you went through this, and I hope the results came back in your favor. I cannot imagine having to deal with medical issues on top of moving. I do not understand why your previous doctor would not want to send you in for testing, but I am glad the doctor you were set up with took your ailments seriously.

    Clyde Kurt @ U.S. HealthWorks Stockton (West)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for any and all comments, I don't always have time to respond, but I appreciate each and every one of them....I also thank you for being respectful while commenting on my blog-